Coco

Coco
Photo By. ProELLEments

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Passion & Other Drugs

In Today's Society, College Students Are Encouraged, Determined, & Some Are Forced To Graduate From College. There's Nothing Wrong With That. I Stand Firm For Education. Students Are Also Encouraged To Plan Out Their Life Right After College. Some Meet Their Husbands/Wives In College & Build Their Lives Together Soon After Graduation. But The Question That Constantly Plays In My Mind Over & Over Is Why?? Why Is Society Set Up This Way?? Why Do My Family Expect Me To Be Finished With School Before I'm 25?? Why Am I Suppose To Be Already Stabled In My Career By A Certain Age??

I Used To Have A Passion For Modeling. I Wanted My Own Modeling Agency & Models Under My Name. I Went To The Auditions & Agencies With My Mother. Modeling Was My Heart. Then I Fell In Love With The Law & The United States Constitution. It's Just Something That Moves Me About Human Rights, The Criminal Justice System, & The Bill Of Rights To The People. Becoming A Lawyer Was Like Becoming A Woman To Me. For Years I've Been So Caught Up On Letter Grades & Impressing My Teachers. Also, Keeping My Family Happy By Maintaining Honor Roll Grades. That Was A Lot Of Pressure Because As A College Student, We Are Sent To School To One Day Receive A Job, Become Markable, & Make Money. Those Are The Tangible Things That We Go After, But What About Education, Gaining Experience, & Focusing On The Individual?? Those Little Things We Forget About & Often Take For Granted. Well, I've Decided Not To Take Those Little Things For Granted Anymore.

I Have An Eye For Photography, A Passion For Improving My Community, & A Mind For Poetry. Those Little Things Make Me Happy. Those Things Might Not Bring A Lot Of Money But They Do Bring Lots Of Joy To My Life. I Love The Fact That I Can Express Myself Through Poetry, Picture, & Clothing. It's The Art Of The World That Makes The World Go Around. Sometimes I Find Myself Getting Caught Up In That '9 To 5' Attitude & Sitting Behind A Desk All Day Doing Something I Like But Not Something I'm Passionate About.

I Thought I Had To Graduate From College, Head Straight To Law Or Grad School, & Get Married. In That Order. But, Now I Have A Changed Mind. I Have The Confidence Even When I Don't Have The Confidence To Know That I Will Be Successful In Any & Everything I Do. Even If I Take A Year Off After School To Travel The World, Taste All The Food, Take Pictures Of The World, & Go To Israel & Pray All Day, I Will Be Successful. I Often Battle Daily About My Future & Where I'm Going In My Life. That's Human. But At Least I Know Now What Passion Is & What It Means To Me. I Prayed For This Moment To Come But I Still Have A Long Way To Go.

So Where I Might Be Five Years From Now...Who Knows??? But I Know It Will Be Something I'm Passionate About.

No comments:

Post a Comment