Coco

Coco
Photo By. ProELLEments

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Acceptance Speech

How Could You Look At Me & Say That I'm Going The Wrong Way???
When It's The Soul That Lives Within & The Physical Change You See Each Year. What I Wanna Say Is...No Longer Can I Be Defined By Suits, Letter Grades, Nor Spotlights. I Want You To Look At Me & See For Yourself...But If You Don't...I'm Still Going On.
For Years I Tried To Please All My Friends In High-School & Elementary. Going To Church Three Times A Week, Struggling With Low Self-Esteem. Even Tried To Tell Them But No-One Could See. That Was A Long Road To Travel & A Lonely Time In My Life. Walking Around Not Knowing Who I Was & Covering It Up With Fancy Clothes & Make Up. Trying To Please Everyone. But Thats How I Got Messed Up.
I Took The Weave Out My Hair, Threw Away My Sad Days Because You Didn't Care. Determined To Make It To Corporate America One Day, But If I Don't...I Won't Feel Like My Life Was A Waste. I Wanna Feed My People With Knowledge & Give Them Hope. I Wanna Bless My People...Replacing Their Happiness With Joy. I Don't Blame My Mother For Making Focus So Much On My Clothes & I Don't Blame My Father For Leaving Home. I Know I Got A Long Road To Travel & Dozens Of People To Meet Along The Way. But I Know Now That I Will Make It Because Now I Know Who I Am.
I Can't Believe That Lost Girl Used To Be Me. Killing Myself Because I Was Afraid People Wouldn't Accept Me. I Just Want You To Take A Closer Look At Me & See For Yourself...But If You Don't...I'm Still Going On...Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment