Coco

Coco
Photo By. ProELLEments

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Priceless


It's Thursday Night...I Just Got Off Work.I Have A Few Things On My Mind...
Selling Bras & Panties Ain't No Joke. They Got Me Working Working  Day & Night. I Gotta Eat. I Need Something To Wear & Somewhere To Sleep. I Love My City...But It's Starting To Become So Pricey. Hey I Like To Eat Sushi In The Middle Of The Week. I Like Starbucks Coffee Near Wacker Bridge. Yeah I Like To Shop On Michigan Ave. I'm A Lady & A Lady Has Needs. I'm Classy. I Like Fancy. Thats Probably All You See When You Look At Me...
Take A Look Closer. See I Got That Deep Pro Black Malcolm X Flowing Through My Insides...To The Point Where You Might Think I'm Insane. Yeah I Think I Lost My Mind...When I Killed Myself So I Could Measure In Your Lane. But If You Look Pass The Long Pretty Hair & High Heel Shoe...You Will See That I Am NOT The Same. Everything From My Music, Style, & Friends Have Changed. I Remember When I Wanted To Be So Beyonce & Tyra Banks. I Wanted The Straight Hair...Green Eyes...I Wanted That Image That Society Had Played For The Last Past Two Decades. Keep Your Mouth Closed. Don't Say How You Really Feel Type Of Speech. I Killed Myself Not Physically...But Spiritually. Someone Told Me To Digggggggg Deep Within Myself Until I Found The Real Me. Years Of Suffering & Low Self-Esteem. That Was Once Me. Now I Have Something New To Sing...After I Discovered Me...I Wanted To Be So Pro Black That You Saw Africa When You Saw Me. Honey Molasses, Chocolate Brown Sugar, & All Those Sweet Things. I Come From A Place Where Miles Davis, John Coltrane, & Dizzy Gillespie Sang Not With Their Mouth...But Through Their Soul. How Could I Be Ashame Of What I Was Never Told??? Where Mothers Have To Walk At 5am...6 Miles On Their Soles To Get A Clean Bucket Of h20. Where My Great Great Great Grand Father Sung Songs About Freedom & Liberty To All. I Come From A Place Where The Hair Is Natural & Black Presidents Are No Longer Unknown. Where The People Have The Same Soul That Came From Backgrounds Of Slavery, Poverty, & At The Same Time...Infinite Possibilities. I'm At That Place Now Where I Don't Care What Any Human Being Thinks About Me. I Don't Have To Be Rich To Be Wealthy. I Wasn't Born In Africa...Africa Lives Inside Of Me. Now That I Found Me...I Have Everything I Need. And I Have That Thing In Me That Makes YOU What To Get To Know Me. You Can Look Through My Brown Eyes & See My Soul...Sweet As Your Grandmother's Sweet Potato Pie. I Don't Need A Man, A Car, Or Vintage Apartments To Tell Me That I'm Fly. All I Need Is My Afro, A Guitar, & My Smile. Watch & See Me Go Far.  These Fancy Things Are Material Things. Yeah I Like Money, Watches, & Rings...But At The End Of The Day...All I Need Is The Freedom That GOD Gave To Me. I'm Priceless.......

No comments:

Post a Comment